Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ce-le-brate Good Times, C'mon!

Congratulations to everyone!

In the last 24 hours I've found out:
  • 2 very good friends of mine are engaged! (at last, hehe!)
  • my cousin and his wife are having a baby! (a wonderful surprise for us and them - they only got married in December!)
  • my friend from work is engaged!
Ok, it's not everyone, but that's a lot of good news! I also have so many friends getting married, well, about 5 couples, and another good school friend who's booked (with her bf) where she wants to get married (but no ring yet - still, that's gotta count as an engagement, non?)

It's all a bit exciting for little ol' me! I feel like I should be announcing a pregnancy to keep up! I'm half considering meandering down to a chemist, buying a little stick and peeing on it, just to double check I'm not next for exciting announcements.

In other news I'm still at home and still a bit sore. This makes it a week. So I'm going to get The Pain checked out tonight. My poor belly. It's spread right across my abs which is unpleasant. It's also made me very not hungry. Yesterday I ate almost 3 scoops of ice-cream: to make up my calories! I'm aiming at 1550 calories a day, thanks to calorieking's assessment of what I should eat to lose weight, and I wasn't even close yesterday. Thank goodness for icecream!! I knew it was good for me :)

Ok ok, I didn't actually need to eat the icecream, but I figured it's not often that it fits into my day, I was going to make the most of it.

..........

In other news, D's gotten to the point where he's thinking of leaving his job to go work in retail for the rest of the year then go back to uni next year. I really just want him to be happy, and would totally support him in whatever he does, but I can't help thinking he's just a teeny bit over qualified to work in a CD store - he has a degree and almost 2 years in a huge international company behind him - I don't know how to encourage him to try a new office before throwing in the whole industry, but at the same time, if he really thinks he'd love it then I think he should.

I just can't help thinking that he'd love to run a TKD studio more than anything, so that's what we should try and work towards. I don't know. Sigh.

Ok, inspired by Elisha, here's some photos from my camera :) They're not as recent, but photos are for sharing :)

D & a friend at a fancy hat tea party

My lovely law-school friends (plus 2 of our boys!)

Two girls from school I used to sharehouse with, celebrating at D's birthday picnic. Love them!

On our honeymoon, we had to have the tourist shot!

Oh what a feeling!
This is maybe my fave photo I've ever taken! And it's a film camera, not digital!
(It's D, on our honeymoon)


Aaah, memory lane :)

xx

ps: I went and picked up my prize yesterday. I was so excited! I've given D the chocolate and other edible parts, and am looking forward to my new make up and crabtree & evelynn products. But the best part is definitely the ceramic hair curler. But it's not working on my hair?? Oh well, it's currently working like a straightener, I can be happy with that :)

No comments: