Monday, May 5, 2008

Not So Good at Mondays

Lately I've been very blah. I haven't actually done anything productive since about Wednesday last week, when I was at work. Thursday I slept in and watched TV because I felt I needed the break - I even made plans to meet up with a friend at uni to study but then stood him up. Which is pretty bad. Then Friday I started feeling sick so had a very very lazy day.

On Saturday I went for my morning run to meet my friend which was actually quite good and I did it in 30 minutes rather than the 45 I was expecting (although 4km is really not very far - 45 mins would be a slow walking pace!) but when we got home I felt really sick. I've been getting dizzy and nauseous lately, and I have A Pain under my left hip that comes and goes. When it comes it just makes me feel awful. So I was feeling pretty ordinary - but by the time we got to our meeting at 2pm I was really feeling bad. I was dizzy and couldn't read or concentrate - I ended up falling asleep. Luckily I made it to the break then asked the guys wife if I could lie down. She took my upstairs to their room, which was hard when the world was spinning, and I lay down and crashed out. D came and woke me about about 2.5 hours later to go home, and I slept in the car on the way home.

Then I felt better and we went to a 21st which was fun, and I was ravenous - I just wanted to eat! So I ate some food, but not too much, and talked to people and did the party thing. I even danced very briefly. Then we came home and I crashed, I very nearly fell asleep in my clothes (after a nap on the way home in the car) but at least managed to brush my teeth!

Sunday D left without waking me and I slept in until about 11am, and then went to go get something to eat. By the time I got to the kitchen the Pain was so sharp I doubled over and almost fell down. It really really really hurt. I almost called D to come home and thought about calling 000 incase it was appendicitis. But I got to the couch and it felt a bit better. Anyway, I spent all Sunday reading blogs - especially the archives of Dietgirl, but had to take breaks because I was getting all dizzy again.

I didn't do hardly any thesis work.

Today I feel a bit better, but I haven't gone in to uni. I just don't want to - I feel 'toxic' and unwell, and very fluey in an achey way, but not a clogged up way. Maybe I'm just allergic to hard work?

But then, part of me thinks "I'm an Honours Law Student with a Big Firm job! I'm not Just Lazy, damnit, I've worked hard to get here!" but at the same time I just feel so sick and dizzy. Sigh.

And yesterday D got upset, because he's been amazing trying to give me space to write my thesis and get it done, including cooking, grocery shopping, bringing home lunch, etc, and I hadn't done anything. After that I took the laptop to bed and didn't a little bit of work there, but today is really going to have to be Hard Work Day.

I'm thinking to celebrate I might go for a run. Then try and rustle up a friend to work with. All this time on my own is not good for my head.

....

In other more weight-related news, I've joined up to CalorieKing, and I'm tracking my food and exercise there. It's a lot like ww points, but using calories instead. It even has space for an in-house blog and forums etc. Has anyone who reads this ever used it? I'd be keen to hear some feedback.

I'm using the scales at home to weigh myself, with Saturday Morning being my WI day - this week it was 88kg - yikes! Heavier than when I started ww! But this morning it was already 87.1 - so I think I was still full from the night before. Anyway, my first mini-goal is to get to 85kg so here goes! It also gives me a neat 30kg to lose. Jeeeee that's daunting. But after reading all these posts of people who are now half their size (!!) I feel like I can give it a good go and lose the weight.

Ok, Study Time!! Call a Friend Time!! and Run Time!! - in reverse order.

xx

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Hey Chicky - So glad you came back to us, was starting to wonder if you were ever gonna come back!!
- New start, new focus... YOU can do this! I know you can!
- Go see a Dr about that pain, can never be too careful when it comes to things like that - Straight away!

Calorie King is a good site, cause i dont do points, i do calories, i have a 12 week diary that i write in daily and calculate my calories and exercise etc - Its good to keep you accountable!

Im glad you are back - Dont forget we are here for you. xxxxxxxxxxx