Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm Not Pregnant

(phew)

... but, I am very sore. After a trip to my GP, who is very nice except for the pushing and prodding of my sore belly, I now have to go get an abdominal CT, bloodtests, etc tomorrow and then report back. It's turning into quite an adventure, this little pain - The Quest for the Source of the Mystery Pain!

But in the good news area he didn't say 'run to hospital now! something's gonna explode!'

I did, however, throw up once he finished prodding me. ( It went something like this: Does this hurt? Yes. This? Yes. How about now? Ow!! *vomit*). Sorry, just realised that might be too much information. But I've typed it now, and I dislike deleting. He did say that it's higher than my ovaries, so not a burst cyst (good), but part of my digestive track is protruding (bad). I don't even know what protruding means? Sticking out? Bloated?

So, that's my weekend homework. 1. Go to get a bazillion tests done. Oh, and 2. finish my draft of my thesis to send to my supervisor on Sunday night. Oh, and 3. a practice file for Civil Lit, and 4. draft a will for C&E, and 5. a probate application, and 6. visit my mum, and 7. grandma, and 8. nan, and 9. catch up with an OS friend flying in Sunday night. And of course this year we have 2 mother's days - 10. D's mum is now family too. Stressful? Just a tad. Not because of the people, just because of the timing.

But, I love seeing my family. I'm sort of hoping I can just spend the weekend with my mum, D's mum, and my 2 wonderful grandmothers, and ignore everything else. We'll see...

But, now I have to go - my wonderful school friends are coming over with dinner soon (aren't they amazing? My friend AP has prepared dinner to cook and bring over, and CS is coming with drinks, and D & his friend H are bringing over nibbles, and all I have to do is enjoy the company and not be on my own. Heavenly) - so I have to make this unit look less like a blankets-and-textbooks-explosion and more like a home!

xxx

ps: those little tests are amazing! They change colour and make patterns and the tip goes hot pink! Nice touch.

2 comments:

Elisha said...

Ouchie - Yes protruding is sticking out, i think! Lol dont hold me on that, sounds interesting though, i hope it all goes well for you my sweet - Your in my thoughts!

You have lovely friends- how very sweet, sounds like you will have a lovely evening, much deserved!! Relax and enjoy xxx

as for the list of 1 to ( i forgot, was it 10) of things you have to do? Sheesh, better you than me, sounds like hard work =/

Peein on a stick sounds more fun now than when i did it years ago - cant wait to start all that again. hehe. Love ya honey xxxxxx

♥Kiwi♥ said...

Oh dear that doesn't sound like much fun at all! I hope they get back to you soon with the results which will be a big weight off your mind!

Take care ok x