Friday, April 18, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's under 85 I Go! (H: 86.8... -0.4)

Stars Yesterday = none
Weight Change from Yesterday = -0.4
Weight Change from WI = -0.4
Exercise Today = 25 minute walk/jog this morning
Water Today (8+) = Cups = 8 :D
Food Today (Core + ideally up to 3 of 21pts) = Core + 6 points

(B= water, butter-vegemite sandwich + banana)
(S = Indian Chai teabag with skim and 1 tsp sugar - it said make it sweet, but ew, I don't like sugar in hot drinks any more! weird. Interestingly e-tools said 0 points for 1 tsp raw sugar?? I've counted half though)
(L = Tuna Pasta - a tomato, carrot, 2 mushrooms, tomato in a jar, and tuna stirred through pasta with some low fat cottage cheese, easy, hot, filling, all core and delicious!)
(S = Hot tea with skim milk)
(D = curry (counting the coconut milk and curry), fresh salad, some brie, lots of water, fresh fruit, Core + 3 points)
(S = Tim Tam (damnit) - 2 points)

I'm back on track and totally focussed. Now, given, I'm usually on track at 8.30am, but I'm serious about it this time!

D was great this morning - after I asked him last night, he woke me up at 6.30 for a jog today. Ok, well, he started trying to wake me at 6.20, and I didn't get up until almost 6.40, but he didn't give up (I love him!) and off we went together, and did a jog. I went back a week in c25k - I wanted to start again at week 1 but he didn't have the podcast for it on his ipod and it's better when we are listening to the same thing and same run/walk cues. Because I was so sleepy (we didn't leave the house until 10 to 7, when we were meant to be back at 7!!) we had to cut it short by 5 minutes, which means we did 5 runs rather than 6, at 90 seconds each, but hey, we were out there and we were running! I like doing my river track run - I recognise the other runners now and we smile and pant out a 'hi' as we run or walk past each other.

I'm also keen to eat really really well this week - I've decided to follow Shazzy's lead and try out core for a week, see how that goes. I really want to be on track!!

Yesterday's Weigh In
Yesterday's WI was a terrible experience. I was going to use my 'no-weigh' pass knowing how awful the past few days had been, but then I thought, 'no, I'm going to be honest at least' and after whispering to my lead "I'll stand on the scales, but please just don't say a word" I closed my eyes and stood on the scales. And my wonderful leader (who usually is very vocal in offering congratulations or encouragements) was wonderful, she didn't say anything, just wrote down the number. Then, with a smile, she said "congratulations on sticking to this for 10 weeks, keep going. well done". I could have hugged her.

But, cold hard truth, I put on 2kg. 2kg! Ouch. that wipes out all my loss from the last 10 weeks. It seems every week I have a good week, a then have a bad one afterwards. Shocking. I wore my jumper and jewellery on the scales (cause really, how much worse could it make it) but I was still shocked. I stayed for the meeting but don't know how much I heard - I was just feeling awful.

I messaged D cause I always message him after a WI, with the result. Feeling very down I messaged him "I am a weight watchers failure". But he messaged back:

"Honey, i know you're been working hard & also stressed with uni & work. Keep persevering! I know you can do it! D Xoxo"

I nearly cried, I've just been so exhausted and working so hard, and was so tired and felt so flat, and I just loved him for writing that.

I had a chat with him last night, and asked him to help me with exercise for a little while. And he has said he will (hence this morning's jog), and I really appreciate it. I know what I have to do, but I appreciate so much his help in in doing it alongside me.

No Excuses Day
So, today is my new day and no excuses will be accepted! We have people coming over for dinner so I'm going to make a ww receipe and we can have some fresh fruit for dessert - I'm thinking some watermelon and rockmelon cut up. There's no need to give them unhealthy food when I don't want to eat it either. I've done my exercise for today, and I'm going to eat core food.

2008 The New Me
Ok, well it's now April and I know you're meant to make these resolutions in January, but I'm thinking of how I want to be and look, and I'm going to make some changes! I was thinking yesterday how unattractive I feel, especially with this weight, and how cyclic it is - feeling unattractive because I'm overweight. Figuring I might as well eat because I'm overweight. Well enough is enough. So - here's some changes (I'll put these on the RHS margin as well)...

* Eat well. Either a Core week or a Points week. And stick to what I'm doing that week.
* 30 minutes exercise every day.
* Update on food, water and exercise on my blog, start of the post.
* Paint my toenails a nice colour
* Have nice hair - use nice shampoo and conditioner that smells nice. Spend some time making it look good.
* Keep hair free - just because I'm going to wear long pants doesn't meant I should have prickly legs.
* Nicely shape my eyebrows
* Wear high heels - at least to work, no more flats and fewer thongs
* Keep clothes looking nice
* Reduce TV time to 1hr or less a day or just sitting and watching
* Use a receipe book to make dinner at least 1 meal a week, instead of just imagining as I go.

Mmm, that will do for now :) I'm off to find a core-friendly breakfast.

Cya!

xx

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Hey Kathryn - Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog today, was very much appreciated, I have to say having my HR monitor has def made me work out more and give that extra 5 mins etc,i love seeing the stats, it gives me a good bar to reach - They are expensive though, i am so lucky that Jimmy thought to get that, as i had no idea he even remembered me talking about them - There is no way i could have afforded one!

You seem really focused and determined and i have every faith in you to reach your goals - Sounds like your man is so very supportive, your lucky to have that every day! Running together sounds like fun! Loved your goals and your little list, i have one of them in my little notebook and slowly im ticking them off - so lets get some of yours ticked off!
Lovies, Lisha xxxx