Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm back! (H: 86.8 - yikes!) (WI: 87.2, ouch ouch ouch)

Wow, what a huge few days!!

CEP Practice File
After that flu last week, feeling sick, my assessment for CEP was due in on Monday, and it was massive! I'm doing college of law, and our assessments involve running a practice file - for this assessment we had to run a matter where our fake client buys a fake business. It's so much work! We had to write all the letters, emails, advices, file notes etc we'd do in real life, translate the mortgage into real english rather than 'legalese', do the contract, etc etc. So I had a huge weekend getting in finished! I was up until 3am doing the work, and then back at my desk (which is actually the loungeroom floor at the moment!) from 6.30am. That's a lot of study time! I made it through the start pretty ok-ish - using sugarfree V and going for a walk or two for study breaks - but by the end I was surviving on giant pythons, coffee, and so on! I actually had gone down by the end (as I didn't actually eat that much - when I get so tired I don't get hungry) but THEN after handing in the file at 6pm Monday night (and sleeping from 8pm Monday night), Tuesday was Dave's birthday!

Dave's Birthday
Well Tuesday was Dave's Birthday. So, being the wonderful wife that I am (naturally, lol) I got up early on Tuesday, in the 6ams - which is 10 hours after I went to bed but still felt ridiculously early - and made a hot breakfast of eggs, tomato, mushroom, crumpets, etc, and banana smoothies for breakfast. And he enjoyed it which is good! Then off to work (falling asleep on the train) where I gave in and enjoyed 2 hot chocolates, coffee, and by lunch was so tired that I bought a pasta to sustain me (it was small size, which is better than old habits, but it was creamy, and I have no idea how many points!), and more hot chocolate in the afternoon. Then came home - where I was basically sleeping with my eyes open and went right past my stop by several stations! So had to change and come back to where I live, and D & I went out to AMAZING Thai at Doy Tau in Newtown and then a movie. We saw Vantage Point, which was better than I'd expected, although some people walked out - maybe they got bored watching the same 20 minutes over and over (you see a president get asassinated from a variety of viewpoints), then home. Wow, so tired!

Thai was great though - we had satay chicken sticks (D's fave) and BBQ Octopus (my fave) for entree, and shared rice with seafood stirfry for mains. Yum!

Then, of course, work again on Wednesday!!

Wednesday
Wednesday D and I went in early to hang out in the city - we had ricotta/plum danish (shared between us) and hot chocolate (skim at least), then another long day at work, where I had some more hot chocolate. I was better at lunch, eating my salad and cheese sandwich, phew, but then a friend had a chocolate drive so I bought some maltesers from him (the drive goes to his rugby team buying shorts! lol!) and shared them with everyone around me, and when it got to half empty (I'd probably eaten about 20 and shared about 25), I gave the rest of the box to the guy who sits next to me cause I didn't want to eat any more! But maybe I shouldn't have bought it in the first place!

Last night by the time I got home I had some cottage cheese and tomato on bread, and crashed out to sleep.

But I've had no movement and some pretty bad eating, so I think I'm going to use my no-weigh pass - but still go to my meeting. I had a big wrestle about whether or not to go, feeling like this week was SUCH a shocker (and I'm still so tired I just want to crash out at home) but I think I should go. Long term perspectives, right?

Well, that's the condensed version of my last few days!

Oh - but I have some good news! I work in a part of a law firm that codes documents that will be used in court cases - it's a humungous data entry job, we barcode, scan and code pages. My part is coding - which means I data entry the date, title, people in etc of a document. But yesterday I got a call and I'm going to work in Litigation, another part of the firm, which does all the work in courts, with a partner I really respect. Yay!! So I'm looking forward to that!

Ok, cya!

xx

No comments: