Saturday, April 12, 2008

Weekend Danger Zone (H: 85.5)

And so the weekend begins.... *scary music*

Ok ok I actually love my weekends, but I have to be honest, I ALWAYS gain weight over the weekend. I try not to, but I do! So this weekend I'm being super-conscious of what I eat and do and I'm determined to come out on Monday morning weighing less than I do today - ie: less than 85.5 on my home scales - even if I have to stand on one leg, lean out at 45 degrees and wave my arms madly to do it!

A snapshot of my weekend, and how I'm going to put my plan in action:

Friday: was meant to see a friend for movie & dinner, but piked due to late night Thursday night. Ended up just sleeping at home, so I'm not really going to count that lame excuse for a night out!

Saturday (today): Plans = meet friend for coffee at 10.30, finish practice file for assessment on Monday (high stress!), food shopping for empty house, & house party tonight.

Plan in Action: Have a skim chai or skim FW at coffee, NO banana bread! ... Eat diet jelly for sweet fix for studying, AVOID chocolates ... Write a list for shopping and stick to it. Buy a good study treat - like a rockmelon or a watermelon - and some sugarfree V cause I'll need it tonight... eat dinner before the party tonight and arrive lateish so there are people to chat to, buffering the way to wherever the food is! Drink lots of water, eat only 3 things and TRACK THEM - and only if it's in my points. Enjoy catching up with friends.
Go for a walk today! At least do the river walk, if not do a "Sydney Walk".

Sunday (tomorrow): Plans = Church in the morning (with 2 morning teas, remember!), lunch at D's parents place, study to finish the practice file. Dinner at home with D.

Plan in Action: Take breakfast in the car to eat on the way to church - it means I finish eating just before we start so there's not stomach grumbling when I see morning tea! And take a bottle of water in my bag to avoid the juice - maybe even take an apple to munch on while others eat cakes and slices... Eat a small amount at lunch, drink lots of water, hope it's healthy~ ... Go for a walk with D. Track what I eat. Enjoy the day :D

See, when it's put down in writing, it's not so bad. Just remember a jumper on those walks - the weather's getting chilly!

Sydney Walks Book
Yesterday I bought a book of different walks around Sydney. It was only a few dollars ($4 or $7 I forget which one) from Basement Books (in the devonshire street tunnel next to Central Station - best bookshop ever - if they have what you want) and it has all these routes of walks with little explanations you can do around Sydney. They's lots of suburbs walks, as well as the bridge walks, beach walks, cliff walks, etc - even 3 or 4 in my neighbourhood! So (I proudly informed D yesterday) D & I are going to do every single one of the walks! I'm looking forward to it actually - I've even got out a highlighter and pen to mark off the walks as I go! One a week would be ideal, but I'm happy with the start. Most are very short - about 2km, some are about 5km, they all look pretty gentle, and there's a paragraph or so on the the landmarks and features of each route. Good hey.

Ok, well it's 7.30am now so I'm about to morph into a nerd and hit the books. Wish me luck! This file is worth 40% of my course and I have hours of work to do on it.

xx

Points
7.10am Half a bowl of diet jelly [study cravings start early!] (0 > 0)

8.30am Toast (1) with Baked Beans (1.5) (2.5 > 2.5)



*****************************************************************************

Ok, I'm going to be honest. I've eaten a huge amount. I've had tastes of leftover vegies (0) from last night, and a piece of bread with jam and butter (2). And a rice bowl full of peanuts, (?) some mint baileys (?) and milk (1.5). I've eaten 2 biscuits (2) and just gotten home from maccas where I got an XL diet coke (0), small chips (4.5), and a McFeast burger (?? 9-10?). And I still want to eat - I feel like I can't study without junk food - and I'm studying, so I'm craving, big time. I feel like marshmallows, V, chocolate, and my all time fave study food, killer pythons.

*****************************************************************************
Okay - just got home again. I got home from maccas, wrote that post, and as I was writing my wonderful best friend showed up for our coffee date (which had been postponed since this morning) but instead we went for a walk - almost 5km! Now my pedometre's got over 11,000 steps on it, I feel refreshed and I just rang D and said to not worry about any of the junk food (just the sugarfree V!). I know I'll get a star for exercise today on my home star-chart, and I'm sure I can recover from the food I've eaten so far. So, I'm going to track it. But first, this calls for a picture of Hellena, my best friend :D So here's a picture of us from my wedding day.


Ok, now points, honestly. I can't remember all the times but I'll put down all the food.

Diet Jelly [0] = 0
Toast with Baked Beans [2.5] = 2.5
Bread with Margarine and Jam [2] = 4.5
Rice bowl full of peanuts [3 for 50 peanuts, I don't think I ate 50...] = 7.5
Baileys (2.5) and milk (1.5) [4] = 11.5
Two Arnotts "nice" sugar topped biscuits [2] = 13.5 (at this point it was still redeemable!)
Maccas XL diet coke [0] = 13.5
Maccas small chips [4] = 17.5
Maccas McFeast burger [12 - ouch!! no wonder I was full after half! Oh I should have not ordered it, or at least just thrown it away] = 29.5

Ouch, 29 and no dinner yet. Oh well, all I can do is get back on track from now! So here I go again, hauling myself back onto the metaphorical wagon.

At least I did the walk, all up we took about 2 hours. Which is worth 5 bonus points. Wow!! So the net damage is only 24 - that's only 3 over. Maybe I can even get D to come for a walk tonight and undo the damage, or at least fit in a bit of walking.

Anyway, with all this stressing over how much I've eaten and the walking and the maccas and everything I've still got hours of study to do! So, ciao for now!

xx

Food after 6pm:

2 cups water [0]
Diet coke [0] - finishing off the maccas diet coke
Marshmallows (hmmm)
Ravioli for dinner (not too much)

Food at the party:

Apple pie with cream - as small a slice as I could cut
Babaganoush and Hommus on pita bread - about 6 dips
Amazing Cheese Platter - about 5 slices of cheese, maybe only 4
One glass of Punch

Back at home:

Sugarfree V

And tomorrow is a brand new day, thank goodness!

4 comments:

Elisha said...

I find weekends really hard too - im not as busy as through the week... So you had a few things you shouldnt, what i love most is your ability to just pick yourself up and carry on - shows strength, and courage to admit your mistakes... Be proud of that...

You looked beautiful on your wedding day =) and such a lovely photo of you and your bestie!!

Jogirl said...

Hey there, dont worry too much about it. You are doing great (ditto everything elisha said)
You will be fine, just dont give up.

♥Kiwi♥ said...

I totally hear you about the weekends! I really struggle as well - it is easier when we are at work all day eh :)

Plus I weigh in on Saturday morning so tend to slack off a bit after that eeeek!

You are aware of it though and sounds like you have a plan! You will work it out :)

I think the photo is gorgeous as well x

Elisha said...

Hey girlie, where are you? I keep checking but your not here.

I hope everything is ok... wherever you are, and whatever is happening im thinking about you.

xxxxxxxx