Thursday, March 6, 2008

Exerciser Extraordinaire


I am a little energiser exercise bunny! Ok, well not so little just yet, but I will be! After my 'jalk' (little bit of jog, lots of walk) yesterday using the c25k program - today is meant to be a day off. So, I walked with D up to the station, and then walked to our amazing park and kept on walking for just over an hour. Which, can I proudly say, is equal to 4 bonus points! yay me! It also took me to 7670 steps on my very happy pedometre, and all by 9am.

The c25k program is awesome, mostly because it comes with podcasts. D's very generous parents gave me an ipod nano that they got with a new computer, so I've loaded it up with the c25k podcasts and it's great to have some music and a person in your ear telling you what to do, when to run, when to go back to a brisk walk. AND I recently discovered the most amazing park near our place - with a golf course and a river and sports fields and tennis courts and little bridges - that I'd never known existed! So I can go out and it's a really nice feeling, there's shade on the bike/walk path, there's a river, there's no traffic. It really made my run yesterday and walk today feel like 'me time'.

Oooh, another little achievement, is that I stuck under my points yesterday! I'm allowed 21, and I only used 20! yay! And I also earned 2.5 bonus points which are sitting happily saved.

So, now to shower, make myself a yum banana smoothie (new discovery - a banana, cup of skim milk, handful of ice, vanilla essence and blend) for breakfast and settle down to some hard-core uni work.

This is the week I will look forward to WI

xx

No comments: