Thursday, March 20, 2008

A new day (H: 85.9)

Today is a new day: 


Yesterday may have been a mini-tragedy, but today is a new day.
Today is also the day we go to camp - we're going out to dinner tonight and then out until Monday lunch at camp, and dinner Monday night. That's 12 meals in a row I have almost no control over, and 1 were we eat out but I get to order. So the challenge - portion size!

Of course the other challenge right now - uni work!

I seem to only ever be able to do one thing really well at a time. So if I'm having some success with ww (which despite 2 boo-boos in the last 2 days I am), I seem to use a lot of time on ww boards, blogs, reading the material, going for walks... and my uni work suffers. So the challenge this week is perspective and balance, I'll let you know how I go.

xx

2 comments:

Shrinking Tardie said...

Hi KL,

Just wanted to say thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. It is an important part of our relationship...and I think it's so wonderful that you got the same from your parents.

I also did the same sort of thing with my older girl (who is now 14) and we still have an incredibly tight friendship base.

Anyway, take care of yourself and good luck with your journey!

Cheers...Nat

TitanThirteen said...

It feels aweful not having any control over meals. When i went to a long weekend conference a few weeks ago, it was like that. Even though nearly everything i ate was healthy, i still felt like i was playing russian roulette. I like to have that control.
I forgot to comment on the last post where you mentioned self sabotaging yourself - I spent my whole adult life doing that to. It's a painful thing that we seem to have no control over. Like the overeating addiction has total control over us, and it needs to keep us down.
The book i'm reading [In my side bar] addresses how to deal with that, and for the past couple of months i've been working on it and it's working.
It might be worth you having a look at :o)
The diet alternative by Diane Hampton