Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another big sleep! (H:85.8)

Shin Splint ->>

I had another big sleep last night, it's weird being so tired.

We had a yum dinner last night. Tuesday dinner's are always a bit weird because I cook them, then we take them to bible study and heat them up to eat - cause we start driving down when D gets home from work. I could eat mine earlier, but I really like eating with him (even if we're on different sides of the room eating from tupperware!)

Anyway, I baked some potato, pumpkin and sweet potato with a little bit of olive oil, some chilli flakes, basil and oregano. With it we had chicken (one drumstick for me, 2 for D) that had been marinated and then cooked in the oven, and this yum vegie mix - basically stacks of fresh vegies (mushroom, zucchini, carrot, tomato), onion and garlic, and some red kidney beans, with a splash of soy sauce. It was really yum - a very garlic soy gourmet vegie thing. Today I'm going to cook up some pasta and we'll have the rest of the vegies (there's a whole bowl full left!) stirred through pasta - yum!

Time for a quick run, then to the library for "operation thesis"!!

xx

Ow! Ow! Ow!

I just did my run, and OW! My shins are so sore, and my ankle too. I couldn't finish the last run - not because I was tired (although I was) but because the jolting on my shins was so sore.

I posted for advice on the ww board, and have heard to drink more water, and that it's probably a shin splint and to rest. I tell you, whatever it is, it hurts.

Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? I don't want to stop running, I'm only just getting into it!!

xx

UPDATE AT END OF DAY:

Eugh, I so could have had a better day than I had today. I had my run, but then I settled down to read blogs and the ww boards. "Just a quick read" before heading into uni... ha! I didn't even make it in to uni! I didn't even really make it off the couch!

I ate ok mostly - had my vegies with pasta, but boy did I blow it with a pizza. And I ordered the pizza knowing I shouldn't and that I had better options! Aaauuuuggghhhh... self sabotaging.

Then D came home, and he's gone to TKD now - it's a black belt training session so I couldn't even go with him. I feel like I've spent the whole day in a 2.5m x 2.5m box - which really - I have. Except for my run, thank goodness for that.

I didn't even really get through my uni readings. Hah - didn't "really" get through... I barely started! Seriously, I read like one or two pages.

1-2 pages!

Eugh! I feel so gross.

I don't get it! I have a great loss of 1.3kg, then I sabotage with 10 frankfurts! And then almost a whole pizza!

It's like a don't even want this, but I do. And now work days have changed and I'm changing meeting times again (now to Thursdays) I really need to take it seriously. But it's just one more bad day.

I watched so much TV today - some oprah, some movie, some all saints, some saints and sinners, some news, some deal or no deal, some friends, some neighbours, some biggest loser, some, I don't even know. I need to turn off the tv and do something productive with my days. I hope I'm not the only one who has these days.


xx

1 comment:

TitanThirteen said...

It's nice to see a photo of you on your blog! I didn't notice that before [But then i'm half blind lol] :o)
That pasta stir through dish you mentioned sounds yummy.
How do you hurt your shins while running? That sounds bizarre!