Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Week of Tracking, Day 2 (H: 86.3)

Ok it's Day 2 - today won't be a very easy day. It's a Saturday, and that brings with it Social Outings. Today I'm balancing a food tasting (for market research, it pays, but after yesterday I'm thinking of pulling out!) A farewell dinner at a pub for a friend going to Japan, a housewarming house party, and maybe spending the day with some friends to celebrate Earth Hour (although we'll have to leave before the actual Earth Hour cause we have dinner... but they have a fun idea - a day hanging out at their house (with pool!) with a candlelit backyard picnic for Earth Hour... so sweet!)

But, this is not unusual for me, I have to make WW and points fit in with my life. So today is my challenge to achieve that, within 21 points!

... D just woke up (it's about 9.30am now, which is a big sleep in for me) and said a quick good morning then 'why are you on the internet? I thought you'd be out running?' ... now, my first reaction was to feel a bit offended and righteous (why should I be running when he's sleeping? And I'm tracking points on here!) but now I feel a little bit chuffed - he expected me to be running. That means he's starting to see me as a runner... yes? At the very least, 2 months ago he'd never have said that to me in the morning, so there's gotta be some kind of a change going on!

Ok, Points Time (a bit smaller today):

POINTS FOR TODAY

Pre-Breakfast (9.10am)
A few leftover chips from last night (before I wrote this post! No more I swear! I've already thrown the rest in the bin!) = 2.0 points
Total for pre-breakfast = 2.0 points
Total for today = 2.0 points


Pre-Breakfast (10.00am)
Half a cup of skim milk = 0.5 points
Total for pre-breakfast = 0.5 points
Total for today = 2.5 points


Breakfast (11.10am)
3 Multigrain Corn Thins = 1 point
with 3/4 Medium Banana spread on top (yum!) = 1 point
Two Glasses of Water = 0 points
Total for breakfast = 2.0 points
Total for today = 4.5 points


Snack (11.50am)
Half an Apple = 0.5 points
Total for snack = 0.5 points
Total for today = 5.0 points


Lunch (11.10am)

Beef in vermicelli salad = 3 points
One Glass of Water = 0 points
Two Glasses of Soda Water with Diet Lime Cordial = 0 points
Six Jatz Biscuits = 2 points
Mini Easter Egg, Lindt 70% Cocoa = 1 point
Chocolate from Cadbury Easter Egg = 3 points
Total for lunch = 9.0 points
Total for today = 14.0 points

Snack (6.12pm)
Corn Thin with Peanut Butter = 1 points

Total for snack = 1.0 point
Today for today = 15.0 points

Dinner (8.30pm)
Vegetarian pub pizza (on pita bread), no cheese = 3.5 points
Three glasses of water = 0 points
Total for dinner = 3.5 points
Today for today = 18.5 points

After - Dinner at Party (10.30pm)
One Iced Cupcake = 3.0 points
One glass of water = 0 points
Total for after-dinner = 3.0 points
Today for today = 21.5 points


My Thoughts on the Day:
Much better - only 0.5 points over (not ideal, probably could have avoided the cupcake, and it could have been more than 3 points... the ones on etools vary between 2 and 4.5 points, so this is a happier medium). Considering we ate lunch out, dinner out, went to a party, and were in "weekend mode" I think we did quite well. Hopefully the results will show on the scales!

I love eating out with friends, and D & I are really trying to make time to see friends in more intimate situations (dinner with 1-3 others, not big meals for 20, or seeing each other at parties or big groups only) and so far I love it. I love having people over for a meal, I love going out to other houses or restaurants or cafes for meals, I love the chance to properly catch up and hang out, I love that we're getting to know our good friends a bit better. But it's hard with trying to lose weight - especially as the 'it's a special occassion / one off / treat / with friends" excuse becomes something that comes up 4 or more times in a weekend, let alone during the week! So I feel good that today I made some more healthy choices while out with friends - although I have more to learn (namely not taking food that is offered to me!).

2 things I've read, quotes etc, from today that have been in my mind (mostly from the ww boards or site):
>> losing weight is hard. being overweight is hard. choose your hard.
>> it's not the food or your mouth or the company that's to blame for your weight. It's your wrist. Stop your wrist picking up the wrong food, and you'll only eat the right food.

xx

2 comments:

Elisha said...

Hey Hey, you added me to your blog list, im totally stoked, thank you!! I enjoy reading your blog... keep up the great work.

- Lisha, xxxxxxx

Jogirl said...

Hey there, yep tracking is so the way to go! You will do bettter this week..I know it,,, keep it up.