Saturday, March 8, 2008

The scales they are a-moving!

This morning, I stepped on those scales, the ones at home not the WW WI scales, and they were going down! ooh I'm so excited! They were hovering between 86-87 for the last few days, and this morning they were 85.4! Now, I know that's not actually my weight, because these are pretty non-exact scales I bought from woolworths for less than $20, and they always show me as less than the WW scales (or any other scales actually, but it's better than being shown as more!) BUT that doesn't matter cause it's not the numbers I'm excited about but the DIRECTION of the scales - DOWN!!

So, a couple of achievements since my last post:
* I made it to 10,000 steps! This was actually a bit harder yesterday, because despite going for my c25k jog (almost 5,000 steps) and a walk with the girls yesterday, I still ended up having to march on the spot in my loungeroom to get the last 600 steps (much to D's amusement!)
* I made healthy mcdonalds choices (I know, "is that even possible??" I hear you say) - you bet! I had a large diet coke (ok so not "healthy" but at least points-free) and their new apple pieces. go me!
* I saw my friends :D
* I made a start on my study, and noticed that I'm feeling less stressed out

So, they're just little steps, but every bit helps :D

Yesterday, after getting back from my run, having some breakfast and doing yesterday's blog, I called DJ and caught up with her. We went to Koorong to buy a present for L's 21st (a great book called "proclaiming the gospel" by John Dickson which I would totally recommend for all Christians to read), and had a good chat, then went to HW's place for lunch (a nutella sandwich - not the most healthy, but not the worst either) and the 3 of us went for a walk through the park. We hung out for a bit then when HW and B had to go food shopping DJ and I left and went to MR's place, to pick him up and go for maccas and a chocolate milkshake (danger danger!). Instead though, we went to a gelato place (lol I basically drove there instead) and I had a kid's scoop of lemon sorbet (2 points) and then we went to maccas where I had diet coke and apple slices (total = 0.5 points). Then after dropping DJ and MR home, I went grocery shopping (and I did good! fruit, vegies, wholegrain bread, WW bars, yoghurt for (my husband) D, normal bars for D and toothbrushes) and home to unpack and start to cook dinner. It was a good fulfilling day, and I got to see my 3 best friends! :D

All in all, a happy day.

Today I have a challenge though... I want to do set exercise again (4th day in a row!) but not walking, cause my feet are so sore! Maybe a swim (ideally) or something else for half an hour. I might try sit ups, push ups, squats, star jumps, lunges, around my unit, or a Denise Austin video. Hmm, I was about to write that I don't know what I could do - but there's a few options I guess! I fact, I might do the "Super Stomachs" video now. haha, we bought these OLD 80's exercise videos from a garage sale - I've only done one of them so far. They're pretty funny!

To do today:
* Go to CL lecture (done!)
* Go to CL workshop (done!)
* Reading for CL (done!)
* Denise Austin stomach DVD (done - ouch!)
* Start Thesis Bibliography!! (done!)
* Post mail (stamped, gotta send - done!)

xx

(ps: in some other exciting news - today is 6 months since D & I got married!)

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, if youre old enough to be married, and you weigh less than 100 pounds, you should probably get help for anorexia. even if youre really short, it;s not healthy to be so skinny!