Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I swam! (H: 84.7)



I had such a fun day today! I left here about 8am to go visit AP, and we went for a 'jalk' (part jog, mostly walk) around Maroubra, and had a good catch up at the same time. I really liked it, and after we had some diet jelly (yum, in 3 flavours!), slathered on the sunscreen, and then went for a swim!! It was just as nice as I'd imagined - although because of the break between the jalk and the swim the water was more 'brrr cold' getting in than 'aaahhh cold'. It wasn't particularly intense in terms of exercise, although we did 3 short runs (1 on sand!!) but we moved lots, and had a good chance to catch up and chat, and the best bit was I'm noticeably fitter than last time I went for a jalk with AP.

AP is actually one of my inspirations on this journey - she has lost something like 12 or 14 kgs using jenny craig (over several months) - but I think it's not so much the eating that impresses me (A. I can't afford to buy the jenny craig meals and B. I think learning the WW skills and implementing them as I go will hold me better in the long run) but the way she's exercising! I used to flat with AP when we started uni, and she was not big on exercising - even walking the dog. NOW, she runs almost every day, can run the whole length of maroubra beach (on sand!) and is keen to swim after. Wow!

The rest of my day I caught up with another friend EMP for coffee (well, a skim blueberry smoothie - totally worth the 4.5 points!) and we dropped in on a friend of hers called Rach, then I picked up D and we went down so he could train at TKD.
I have another little goal / idea - I'd like to be able to do tkd (it's like 10 points an hour!!), so we're thinking of D teaching the mixed Saturday morning classes and I'd participate. The only thing is I can't do 3 times a week, so it's hard to keep up with other ppl doing it. Oooh, but those exercise points!

I'm really liking the core plan so far - although I find I eat a lot less. Today I had:
B - egg on toast + water
S - diet jelly + vegemite toast + water
L - blueberry smoothie + water (although I would have eaten more if I could have)
S - water
D - brown rice with mince/spinach/carrot/soy sauce/lemongrass/chilli/hoisin sauce dish. yum! + water
... I just wasn't that hungry most of the day. And when I was hungry, I had no access to food!

At least my water intake is definitely up!

To Do:
* bib.li.o.gra.phy (done!!!)
* cl readings for Friday
* shopping for making ricepaper rolls on Fri night
* call about work days (left a message...)
* call about tutoring
* 8am: c25k run wk2 run3 (done!)

xx

No comments: