Friday, March 14, 2008

Let's go running, let's go, woop woop! (H: 84.9)


Time for this morning's c25k run! I found a podcast with Christian Indie music on it (same format as Robert Ullruy's - tells you when to run and walk) so I might give it a go today. My challenge today is to NOT STOP during those 90 second runs - especially the last one!!

The rest of the day is for sitting at my desk and working hard! This is my study day, I'll let you know how I go.

Ooh, one thing I think I learnt though - I feel today like I can still feel last night's dinner in my belly. I think I should stop eating late at night. I know they say it's just calories in vs calories out and time of day doesn't really affect it, but I feel like it does - like (and I know this probably is totally scientifically wrong) the food isn't digesting while I sleep. Ew.

xx

I did it! Yay for me! I tried a different podcast today - a christian version of the c25k podcasts (ie a guy tells you when to run and when to walk, but over Christian music, you can download it here. It was a nice change from the techno beats of Ullruy's podcasts, but I didn't get nearly as far - I think because the music is more cruisy and laidback, I ran slower, and noticeable in the walks between the runs, I walked slower. But I still made it without stopping! And because I hadn't gone as far (I only got as far as my first c25k run, which is 6 runs ago now!) I did the whole of my track, rather than turning around halfway. I went further than I thought I would before the half hour ran out, and then in a moment of possible madness, decided to start again. So after the 5 minute cool down I restarted with a 5 minute warm up (so I had a good 10 minute rest inbetween) and fit in 2 more runs! Hopefully that will help for next week, when I'm supposed to do 3 minute runs!! (with 3 minute walks) - a big change from 90seconds! I've discovered that my total run is 4.51km by using mapmyrun.com, wow! So I should be able to run the whole way by the time I finish this course - and then some! Well, then 490m more to bring it to 5km, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it! Ooh, and another good thing is I got 4 bonus points! for my run.

I'm kind of looking forward to Saturday's run now!

Anyway, for the rest of the day I have to finish off all the to-do lists on this blog (and then some!) so I'm off to a shower then my desk. While running I thought of 2 little rewards for my thesis:

* finish bibliograph = call grandma and ask her to teach me to play golf
* finish 4,000 words (good words!) = call Nan and organise to do a day's study at her place (change of scenery and good company :D)

D's playing in corporate games, volleyball, tonight so I'm going to watch him at 6pm. So I have at least 7 solid hours available to me to study. Wish me luck!!

To Do:
* call grandma to arrange golf lesson
* cl readings for Friday
* buy ingredients for viet rolls (done!)
* withdraw from property subject (done!)
* collect photo for 3-frame (done!)
* NRMA survey
* Buy easter eggs for Sunday (done!)
* Transpose India dates to calendar (done!)
* make appointment for vaccination
* apply for visa!

xx

Nighttime Note: Well, after a mostly good day, I went and caught up with CC (soon to be CS!) for dinner and we had pumpkin risotto and wine! I only had a small small glass of wine, but watching the risotto get made was eye-openning - stacks of butter and cheese, cripes! Very delicious, but something to definitely not order off a restaurant menu...

No comments: