Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Come on big bum, run!

I so don't feel that much like running right now. I mean, I want to feel the way I feel after a run, but I so don't want to actually do the run. I'm here, in my running clothes, socks and shoes on, blogging about how I don't feel like going running. After such a crappy result at WI yesterday, it seems a waste of time - futile. But I said I would, so I will.

In other news, I'm joining the Core Plan (where you don't count "points" for foods, you just eat off this big list of foods, til you're full, but not til you're over-full). Hope it helps!

xx

UH OH: It's almost 2 hours after that post and I'm still here, in my running gear, reading blogs and WW message boards, still haven't run. Hmmmm

YES! I DID IT! Finally, after 2 hours of procrastinating and telling myself it'd be futile I got off my ass and went for my run! I'm super-fair, and feel the sun very easily, so running at 10am rather than 8am was a good reminder of the benefits of just getting up and doing it early - it's harder when it's hotter!

It was a good and a bad run. I ran further than I had before (yay!), just by a metre or two, but I've realised I'm going about 30 or more metres further now than when I started (yay again!) and that will soon enough turn into kms if I just keep going at it. I also ran better - the first half was good, and I know I ran faster and with better form (even if I did walk a bit slower between runs cause I was more puffed!). That said, the last two runs were hard - I actually walked for a few steps in the 5th run (although I ran through a few seconds of the walk time to try and make up for it, lol), and actually didn't make the 6th run. I walked probably half of it, trying to run a few steps now and then. That makes me really unfit! But it's ok - I'll keep doing it. I'll go on Thursday, and maybe do this run again on Saturday if I still can't make it the whole way. But then again, with Dave behind me I did make it the whole way last time (although not with as good a form or as fast), so I will just have to push harder on Thursday and make it!

Every time I finish a run I think about how nice it would be to have a swim (probably cause I'm so hot and sweaty!). Tomorrow I'd like to do something about that - in fact, by the end of tomorrow I'll go for a swim. It's not even like I have the excuse of budget, cause I live in Sydney for goodness sake, and there's heaps of free beach pools! I think I'll actually message AP and ask if she wants to go with me tomorrow morning. Sounds like fun!

To Do:
* Call AP about swimming tomorrow (done!)
* c&e readings
* thesis bibliography (this is getting ridiculous)(done!)
* bring in the washing (done!)
* finish washing up (done - thanks D!)
* make the bed (done!)
* sort out the filing on our bedside tables
* c&e letter
* c&e tax advice
* buy bread and milk (done!)

xx

1 comment:

TitanThirteen said...

Hi :o)
Good on you for going for a run even though you done your darnest to talk yourself out of it!

I can't imagine being able to run. Once, i got down to 145 kilos and i had an urge to run. It was a bizzare feeling. I didn't run but i look forward to that feeling again:o)